Products- Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
Signs of indoor air quality problems include:
(an excerpt from a brochure "Improving Air Quality in Your Home" made by Colorado State University)
- Unusual and noticeable odors.
- Stale or stuffy air.
- Noticeable lack of air movement.
- Dirty or faulty central heating or air conditioning equipment.
- Damaged flue pipes or chimneys.
- Unvented combustion air sources for fossil fuel appliances.
- Excessive humidity.
- Presence of molds and mildew.
- Health reaction after remodeling, weatherizing, using new furniture, using household and hobby products, or moving into a new home.
- Feeling noticeably healthier outside.
There are two methods for achieving this goal:
1) Buy an instrument that is able to measure parameters such as CO2, CO, VOC, NO2, O3, plus Temperature, Humidity, and respirable particulates.
We pick one instrument that is ideal for our home: click here for YES PLUS LGA data sheet
YES Plus LGA is a multi-gas air quality monitoring and information recording instrument that simultaneously measures and records temperature, RH, CO2, and much more. Featuring a 15-sensor capacity, the YES Plus LGA allows users to accurately monitor more within a single, easy to carry instrument. It contains 12 internal plug & play sensors, a fixed temperature sensor, a removable RH sensor, and a remote sensor, such as particulates. Sensors available include electrochemical, catalytic (combustibles % LEL), infrared (PPM or % volume CO2 or combustibles), and PID. An air sample from the target environment is delivered to the sensors through “active sampling” by the internal sample draw pump. More than a million data points can be logged and stored in a built-in SD flash card for convenience. The large,backlit, multi-line scrolling LCD display indicates the sensor types installed and measured values for each gas, battery status and more. The system utilizes a long life rechargeable NiMH battery pack providing more than 24-hours of run time, depending on sensor array installed. The user can also set one alarm level for each gas to activate the internal audible alarm. The system is housed in a rugged ABS enclosure with swivel handle to act as a stand support or for carrying the instrument.
Here is how it works in 3 simple steps:
1. Collect a home air sample using a Home Air Check test kit and send it back to us.
2. We analyze your sample and send you a report detailing the unwanted chemicals (VOCs) in your air and their likely sources.
3. Eliminate those sources to improve your home air quality.
Home Air Check is the advanced, accurate test that offers you a solution to your indoor air quality problems. It identifies over 400 VOCs, formaldehyde, growing mold, and secondhand smoke that may be lurking in your home's air. Home Air Check offers a professional-grade analysis at an affordable price, an easy-to-use test kit, a world-class laboratory, and easy-to-understand answers you can act on for cleaner, healthier air.